zeal: n Great enthusiasm or eagerness.
If you’ve been wondering if you should try the self-publishing route, and not sure if you think you can do it, then this is the post for you.
To be successful, you need to have zeal. You need to be enthusiastic and you need to keep that spark alive constantly for a period of time. Nobody got to the top of the mountain by falling there. And if you’re only half-heartedly entering the prospect of self-publishing, you won’t succeed.
How to tell if you’ve got the zeal for self-publishing …
- Is it hard to fall asleep because you can’t stop thinking about your project?
- Do you like learning?
- Are you resilient enough that you can bounce back after failure?
- Are you willing to be your own boss?
- Can you become a sales person?
- Are you determined?
- Are you tech-savvy or willing to learn?
- Are you in a hurry to see you book out there?
- Are you an organised person?
- You can’t think of anything else and if you don’t finish it, you’re going to explode.
This concludes my series on the A to Z of self-publishing. Next up on my agenda, the A to Z of writing romance. Please send me a message if you have any suggestions, or make sure you sign up to my newsletter to stay in the loop. (Link in the footer & header.)